These instructions help customers meet FAS IT Computer Security Best Practices by downloading and installing the latest Windows XP updates and patches.
NOTE: You will have to restart your computer at the end of these instructions.
- Ensure all open programs are closed.
- Open the Internet Explorer browser.
- In the Main Toolbar click Tools > Windows Update to open the Windows Update site.
- Click Express.
- When prompted, click Install Updates to install all recommended updates.
- At the License Terms window click I Accept to continue.
- Wait until all recommended updates are installed.
- At the prompt, click Restart Now to restart your computer and allow the updates to take effect.