Printing Accounts - PaperCut

FAQ Categories: Printing


Credits and Refunds

Printing account transactions are non-refundable, except under certain conditions, per FAS Information Technology department policy. Please read the guidelines below before requesting a refund.

Monies credited to a printing account remain associated to that account throughout your active affiliation. Upon leaving Harvard College, the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, or the Harvard Extension/Summer School, any monies remaining in a print account are forfeited. Printing budget monies are not transferable to other schools at Harvard.  Remember that money can be transferred between FAS affiliate accounts (except to Student Computing Technicians). Please find an affiliate that will purchase your credits from you.

Payment Methods

There are three methods availble to add money to a printing account: credit card, termbill, or Crimson Cash. FAS IT Support cannot accept cash or checks at the Support Desk as payment for printing services.

Credit Card

Papercut accepts Visa, Mastercard, and Discover cards. Harvard Purchasing Cards cannot be used.

  1. Visit the Harvard Papercut website.
  2. Log in using your FAS username and password.
  3. Choose Add Credit > Credit Card to select the amount to add.
  4. Enter your credit/debit card information.


Eligibility Requirements

  • Minimum $10.00 purchase requirement to use your termbill for papercut payment.
  • You must receive termbills from the FAS Registrar to pay for printing via termbill.
  • Undergraduates in the College and graduate students in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences are eligible.
  • Proctors, tutors, faculty, staff, summer term, and extension school students are not eligible.
  • For clients with multiple roles, staff affiliation overrides student affiliation.
  • Non-GSAS graduate students residing in GSAS dorms can use FAS lab printers, but cannot use the termbill option, as they are billed by different schools within the University.

Pay for printing with your termbill

  1. Visit the Harvard Papercut website at
  2. Log in with your FAS username and password.
  3. Click Add Credit -- Termbill to add money to your account and charge your termbill.

Crimson Cash

  1. Visit the Support Desk during our hours of operation and a Student Computing Technician will transfer money from your Crimson Cash to your print account.
  2. Crimson Cash stored on a Harvard photo ID can be used to add funds only to the username associated with that card's ID number. The generic white Crimson Cash card can be used to add value to any FAS account.
  3. For more information about Crimson Cash, visit
Last reviewed: 06/17/2010